If your Mac computer is not starting up properly, it may be because of a white screen issue. This article will show you how to fix the problem using the Startup Disk utility.
The how do i fix the white screen of death on my mac is a question that has been asked many times. If you have a Mac, there are some solutions to this issue.
Warm greetings, nerds. Today I’m going to talk about a problem that some Mac users are having. When you reboot your Mac, you may get a white screen or it may refuse to start. This makes us feel very uneasy. You have no choice but to stare at the white screen at that point. It won’t always start over. So, if you’re one of those who’s searching for a solution to the Mac white screen or Mac won’t start problem, you’ve come to the correct spot. For additional details, read the full article.
After an operating system upgrade, this Mac white screen or Mac won’t start problem is common. It’s possible that this is due to obsolete drivers or earlier Mac versions. So, in this post, I’ll show you the most effective ways for resolving the Mac white screen or Mac won’t start problems. You can simply test them out on your Mac. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.
This article contains the following content:
Why Is My Mac Displaying A White Screen?
Apple goods, on the other hand, are among the most dependable. Mac is also one among them. However, after upgrading your operating system, your Mac may have issues such as a white screen.
White Screen on Mac
The cause of this difficulty is whether or not you have any outdated or faulty drivers. Alternatively, it’s possible that certain apps have failed to update. This is something we can readily solve with our own hands. So, let’s have a look at some of the techniques that may assist you in resolving this problem.
Methods To Resolve The Mac White Screen Or Mac Won’t Start Problem:
I’ve compiled a list of the top 12 ways for resolving the Mac white screen or Mac won’t start problems. You may choose any of the ways that are most appropriate for your device. Let’s take a closer look.
#1. Disconnect any peripherals that are connected to it:
The keyboard, mouse, and certain external devices are all linked to your Mac device. Make sure they’re disconnected before rebooting the Mac. Wait a few moments, then reconnect all of your peripherals to see whether the Mac white screen or Mac won’t start problem has been resolved.
External Peripherals should be removed.
The cursor on your Mac trackpad may become slick and jumpy at times. This may be due to a battery problem. Make sure to check the state of your battery. Furthermore, rings and jewelry on your hand may occasionally exacerbate this problem.
Furthermore, if your hands are wet or sweaty, you may have a Mac white screen problem or a Mac won’t start issue.
2. Examine Your Display:
Due to a display issue, your Mac device may not power on or display a white screen after restarting. As a result, double-check your display. Follow this checklist to the letter.
Examine the Display
- The first thing you should do is double-check your Mac’s power supply.
- Other than the Mac and Monitor, check sure all other external connections are disconnected.
- Try to stick to a single display and unplug all other monitors.
- Make certain that all of the wires are connected correctly.
- If none of the previous methods work, consider experimenting with other monitors or adapters, such as VGA.
#3. Go Through A Power Cycle:
If you’re having trouble with your Mac’s white screen, it may be a power problem. To run a power cycle, follow the instructions below.
- If you’re using a MacBook, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. It will resume when 10 seconds have passed.
Activate the Power Button
- If you’re using a Mac desktop, you’ll need to unplug the connection and reconnect it before it restarts.
- For m1 Macs, just hold down the power button for a few seconds until the loading startup choices appear. In order for you to be able to restart.
#4. Use Safe Mode on Your Mac:
Running your Mac in safe mode may help to resolve the white screen or Mac won’t start problem. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- Hit and hold the power button on your Mac until you hear a sound, then press the shift key.
- You should now be able to see the Apple logo on the screen, and you may let go of the shift key.
- After your Mac has booted into safe mode, browse to the Applications folder and remove any applications you are no longer using.
- Make careful to restart your Mac once you’ve finished.
#5: In Recovery Mode, Use Disk Utility:
As previously stated, defective drivers may potentially contribute to this Mac problem. As a result, pay close attention to the instructions listed below.
- The first step is to restart your Mac while simultaneously pressing the Command and R keys.
- Release the keys after you’ve seen the Apple logo.
- Then, on your screen, you’ll see the operating system utility menu. Make sure that the disk utility option is selected.
Select DiskUtility from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the faulty drive is repaired before selecting the first aid option.
Select First Aid.
- After that, the disk utility will repair the drive, and you may now check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
#6. NVRAM or PRAM Reset:
Resetting NVRAM is the greatest option for resolving any kind of Mac problem. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- Shutting down the Mac and waiting around 30 seconds is the first step.
- After that, turn on the Mac and wait till you see the Apple logo. Press the Command, P, and R keys at the same time.
- You may hear the starting sound if you hold the keys for 20 seconds.
- After that, your Mac will start up normally.
#7. SMC Reset:
Resetting SMC is one of the best ways to repair a Mac white screen or a Mac that won’t start. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
Here you must determine if your battery is detachable or not. Then you may go on to the steps listed below.
For Mac OS X Non-Removable Battery:
- The first thing you should do is go to the Apple menu and shut off your Mac machine.
- After it has been turned off, concurrently press the +shift+ control option and the power button.
Make Use Of The Keyboard
- After 10 seconds, remove the keys and switch on your Mac by hitting the power button.
For Mac OS X Removable Battery:
- The first thing you should do is shut down your Mac and then remove the battery.
- Now press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds.
- Insert the battery carefully, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
You may reset SMC on Mac using these techniques. Finally, you may see whether the Mac white screen problem or Mac won’t start issue is resolved.
#8. Examine Your File System:
To verify your Mac’s file system, carefully follow the instructions below.
- Shut down your Mac, then restart it while holding down the command and S keys to enter single-user mode.
- Now that a command line appears on the screen, enter fsck-fy and wait a few minutes.
Make a command.
- Following a series of tests, you will get two messages: OK and FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED.
- If you get the first message, hit return and type reboot.
- If you get a second message, you must enter the command again and then return.
#9: Make use of the Target Disk Mode:
You’ll need two Mac devices for this method: one that’s functioning and the other that’s not. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- Connect both Macs using Apple thunderbolt or firewire connections as the initial step.
Two Macs Connected
- Now, turn your Mac off and on again by hitting the T key on the keyboard.
- Release the T button when you see the thunderbolt symbol on your screen.
Symbol of Thunderbolt
- Your Mac device will be put into target disk mode as a result of this procedure.
#10: Back Up Your Disk Image:
If you’re having trouble with your Mac’s white screen or it won’t start, carefully follow the instructions below.
- The first thing you should do is go to the disk utility option.
- Utility option on the disk Make sure you go to file>new image>image from the name of your HD.
- Now give the disk image a name and save it to the external device.
- To add the disk image, go to the Format menu and choose the read/write option.
- Finally, press on the done option after clicking on save.
#11: Run the Apple Diagnostics program:
To run the apple diagnostics on your Mac, follow the instructions below.
- The first step is to unplug any external devices and ensure that the Mac is turned off.
External Peripherals should be removed.
- Hold down the D key on the keyboard to turn on the Mac.
- Then, on your screen, you’ll notice a language option for inquiring. At that point, let go of the key.
- Following that, Apple diagnostics will begin. Allow some time to pass.
Reinstall Mac OS X:
If none of the previous options work, the final option is to reinstall macOS.
- The first step is to restart your Mac by simultaneously pressing the Command and R keys.
- Release the keys after you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- The utilities window is now visible on the screen. Make sure you choose the option to reinstall macOS.
- How can I repair a white screen on my Mac that won’t go away?
You may easily resolve this problem by unplugging the power supply and reconnecting it after some time.
- What causes a Mac’s white screen of death?
The white screen of death appears when the gadget is violently dropped owing to a malfunction.
- What should you do if none of the previous techniques are effective?
Simply contact Apple’s customer service team, and they will offer you with a solution.
Finally, whether you’re searching for a solution to the Mac white screen problem or the Mac won’t start problem, this is the perfect post for you. In this post, I’ve presented you with the most effective ways for regaining access to your Mac. I hope you find this information to be very beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
If you have any questions about this post, please ask them in the comments area, and if you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for selecting OMGEEKY.
My name is Nadhiya, and I work at OMGeeky as an editor and author. I like writing tech-related articles to assist my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, cooking, painting, singing, dancing, sharing knowledge, patience, a small group of friends, a happy soul, kindness, assisting the poor, being a shopaholic, and being a homely person.
The white screen on macbook pro 2012 is a problem that many people have been experiencing. There are three possible solutions to fix this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the white screen of death on my Mac?
This is a common issue with Macs, and it can be fixed by following these steps:
How do I fix my Mac if it wont start up?
If your Mac wont start up, you should try restarting it. You can also try turning it off and then back on if that doesnt work.
What is the white screen of death?
The white screen of death is a term used to describe the error message that appears on some computers when Windows starts up.
- imac won’t boot past apple logo then shuts off
- mac white screen folder question mark
- imac screen of death
- macbook air white screen with lines
- white screen on macbook pro 2011